This article was originally written September 2011, by Katie Dolac, on the following website
Area artists come out to play on Saturday (Oct. 8) 2011
Six plein air artists set up shop downtown for the day for the 19th annual Studio Waltz, a free, self-guided, open house tour of 19 area artists’ studios.
The North Pinellas County Artists are offering art enthusiasts a chance to watch works in progress, interact and buy work in a variety of mediums and budgets.
Plein air artists will be at work along Main Street and the Pinellas Trail; 13 others will be in their home studios. Event is 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On the tour:
- Tony and Karen Marsh, woodturning and jewelry; 2460 Bay Berry Court, Clearwater; 727-480-3362
- Ernest C. Simmons, realistic paintings of Florida Wildlife; 602 Douglas Avenue, Dunedin; 727-738-0161
- Plein Air Artists (Melissa Miller Nece, Barbara Kampe Hanson, Jenna Star Friedman, Susan Rollins Gehring, Jana Withers, Don Eaton); Main Street and Pinellas Trail in downtown Dunedin
- Carol Sackman and Blake White, mosaic, fiber art, mixed media; 1524 Alamo Lane, Dunedin; 727-736-4036
- Barbara Grazul Hubbard, linoleum prints, etchings, and print collages; 1802 Harvard Ave, Dunedin; 727-515-8770
- David Lawrence, photographic artwork and murals; 2 Eagle Lane, Palm Harbor; 727-734-3884
- Connie Parkinson, lampwork glass beads; 2830 Deer Hound Way, Palm Harbor; 727-709-4069
- Amy Wiley, silversmith; 373 N. Carolina Ave, Palm Harbor; 727-458-0987
- Jennifer S. Weaver and Lee Anderson, burnished and smoke-fired ceramics; 320 Lagoon Drive, Ozona; 727-785-2890
- Lorraine Potocki, Florida Pastels LLC, pastel paintings, giclee prints; 1412 Treetop Drive, Palm Harbor; 727-466-8791
- Joyce Curvin, whimsical art, mixed media; 4875 Blue Jay Circle, Palm Harbor; 727-943-2464